Monday, November 29, 2010

Meticulous Sovereignty

A few weeks ago at home group, Allen said something that has stuck with me..."for sovereignty to stand, it has to be meticulous."  Well, I know that the Lord is sovereign (thought I confess that I often don't live as if it is so), but I have never before given much thought to His meticulosity.  Think about it.  Once you do, you'll begin to notice it everywhere and in everything.


Have you ever thought about how many different kinds of grass and trees and bushes there are?  The sovereign Creator made countless varieties of each, and each is unique - some wither with the first frost while others can survive in a frozen tundra; some thrive in direct sunlight and others shrivel up and die; some produce poisonous fruit while others bear things that are good to eat; some remain green year-round and others have foliage that changes and falls with the seasons.  The Master specifically made each one the way it is; He is meticulously sovereign.


Now look at your life.  How awe-inspiring and humbling to realize that the one and only God is intimately involved in the most minute details of our lives!   He didn't just ordain where I would be born or go to school or work or live, but He sovereignly, specifically orchestrated each of the seemingly insignificant events and circumstances that led to these things.  If I had an earthly king and discovered that he knew about me and my life and was actually interested and involved in my everyday affairs, I would be humbly grateful that he had taken the time to learn about one of his subjects and therefore much more willing to submit to his rule.  How much more should my heart long to serve and worship the King of Kings who knows the number of hairs on my head, the One in whose book were written all the days that were ordained for me when as yet there was not one of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment